Creative Briefs for Advertising & Design
How to Build a Brief from Start to Finish
About the Course
A BRIEF is an essential tool for working on an advertising or design project in an agency, company, or studio. A Brief guides art directors, copywriters, designers, and other agency members throughout the creative process and helps work to stay aligned with client goals and objectives.
Creative Briefs for Advertising and Design helps you understand the part of a brief and teaches you to write one. You'll find relevant examples, proprietary downloads & tools in this course so that you’re ready to jump right in on client-based work.
- This course is self-paced. You can go as quickly or slowly as you like through the information.
- Assignments are provided and connected to every session and I recommend that you take a few days to complete each one.
- There are videos to watch as links to explore.
- You have access 24/7.
"You need to know how to write a brief. Creative briefs are your compass. Your blueprint. Your foundation. Creative briefs are your secret weapon against the blank page."
- Jeff Horn, Creative Director, Magnetic
Briefs inspire the people who will be trying to find creative and business solutions for a brand.
- A Self-Directed course with Sessions that you complete at your own pace. Assignments are included each session to streamline and reinforce your learning.
- I’ve loaded up this course with downloadable resources, links, interactive PDFs, articles, and process tools.
- Video & instruction is provided in bite-size modules.
- This course covers Client Needs, helps you understand and talk about Target Markets, clarifies Brand Positioning, discusses Message vs. Insight (and why you need to know the difference), explains Voice, Tone & Style, and shares info about Mandatories and other important components of a Brief.
- In the end you’ll know how to write a brief, understand important terminology, and be able to start using briefs on client based projects.
All for $95
- You can upgrade and work with me throughout this class - adding as little or as much guidance as you need.
- I'd be happy to review your assignments and provide critique and strategies in this course. Reach out to me at [email protected] for more information.
Welcome to my class! I'm so glad you're here.
As a co-founder of Portfolio Studio and now founder of Portfolio MasterClass, I've helped creatives land jobs in top-notch agencies and studios in the US and around the world. My students have won numerous awards including ADDYs, Clios, and recognition in Print, How, Archive, CMYK, & Applied Arts. I've provided thousands of hours of on-ground and online instruction to students in design, advertising, communications, and technology programs.
I've been an advertising agency partner with clients in high technology, fitness, retail, real estate, healthcare, and finance. That helped me understand the ins and outs of the biz.
I know that all human beings are creative. The teaching methods I use can help you develop your creative thinking and unique talents for transformation. I look forward to working together.
Get started now!
When do the courses start and finish?
If you choose a course that is self-paced, you decide when you start and when you finish.
If you want to upgrade to an instructor-led course or schedule a personalized portfolio or project review, we’ll reach out with dates and times.
How long do I have access to a course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to a course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with a course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.