More Creative Techniques for Advertising & Design
How to Boost Your Creativity - Course 2
“Nothing comes from nothing. You must continuously feed the inner beast that sparks and inspires.” – George Lois
This class expands your conceptual vocabulary and makes it easier to discover, evaluate, and develop big ideas.
You’ll improve your thinking skills as you brainstorm strategies. Working from industry creative briefs, you’ll learn and practice approaches used by pros in this technique driven course. Each session you'll work with a different client, different challenge, and a different technique.
This course is perfect for:
- Creatives who want to practice with techniques that make ideas and solutions come faster.
- Designers and copywriters that want to create new portfolio work.
- Students who are looking to learn to generate concepts for advertising and design campaigns.
In this course you’ll learn about and practice advertising and design techniques including:
- No Talking Please: A technique that says a lot without words
- Comparison: The classic technique with a twist
- Metaphor: For advertising and design
- Time Machine: Where you’ll look into the past and the future for ideas
- Demonstrate the Effects: A tried and tested approach
It is time to reach your creative potential.
- This course is open for enrollment and different sessions run throughout the year.
- This course meets weekly (live) for 6 Sessions, at 5:30pm, Pacific Time, via ZOOM.
- Expect a 90 minutes class meeting (although class may run shorter or longer).
- There are assignments due every week and weekly critiques in class. Please estimate 4-5 hours of homework each session.
- This is a rigorous course, and is open to all skill levels.
- Class size is limited as I want to make sure everyone gets a lot of attention.
- You will work on a variety of clients and techniques throughout the course.
- Enrollment in this course includes Free access to The Creative Process self-directed course.
- Once you're enrolled I will reach out via email with more information or contact me: [email protected] with any questions.
Years ago I saw that creative bootcamps, portfolio schools, and most design and ad programs aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. There is no good fit for the working adult or for the student who needs to learn remotely. Plus, the one-size-fits-all portfolio doesn’t work for career opportunities that are opening up in creative industries, every day.
As Co-founder of Portfolio Studio and Founder of Portfolio MasterClass, I’ve tailored my courses to fit HOW students want to learn through self-directed studies, small group learning, team, and one-on-one courses. The teaching methods I use can help you develop your creative thinking and unique talents for transformation.
My grads have landed jobs in top-notch agencies and studios in the US and around the world. They’ve won numerous awards including ADDYs, Clios, and recognition in publications including Print, Archive, CMYK, & Applied Arts.
When we work together, I’ll tailor a very specific path for you, to meet your career and creative goals.
"To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.” -- George Kneller
"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." -- Maya Angelou
Bonus - Enroll in More Creative Techniques and Receive The Portfolio MasterClass Creative Process Course - For Free!
When you enroll in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in The Creative Process course - with full 24/7 access.
When do the courses start and finish?
If you choose a course that is self-paced, you decide when you start and when you finish.
If you want to upgrade to an instructor-led course or schedule a personalized portfolio or project review, we’ll reach out with dates and times.
How long do I have access to a course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to a course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with a course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.